How to temporarily suspend a business
The procedure for suspension of business activities
In a state of emergency in the country due to the threat of the spread of the COVID-19 virus, the issue of suspending business activities in order to reduce the tax burden is becoming increasingly relevant.
In accordance with Article 213 of the Tax Code of the Republic of Kazakhstan, taxpayers have the right to suspend their activities by submitting an appropriate tax application to the state revenue department at their location.
The total period for suspending the submission of tax returns should not exceed the periods established by Article 48 of the Tax Code, the specified period may be extended taking into account the general limitation period.
The tax authority, within three working days from the date of receipt of the tax application, is obliged to suspend or refuse to suspend the submission of tax returns. Information on the suspension is published on the website of the State Revenue Committee of the Republic of Kazakhstan no later than the date of the relevant decision.
Suspension may be denied in the following cases:
- tax debt, debt on social payments as of the date of application;
- of the fact of non-submission:
- established tax reporting, taking into account the limitation period;
- tax application for registration for value added tax in established cases.
- the fact of recognition by the tax authority as inactive in accordance with the established Tax Code cases;
- unfulfilled notifications sent by the tax authority.
If you need to suspend activities, then you can contact KORGAN Law Firm and our specialists will help you in filing an application for suspension of activities.