Obtaining IIN and BIN in Kazakhstan
An individual identification number (IIN) is a 12-digit number that is issued to each individual upon his first registration in the information and production system to create documents.
The IIN is generated automatically, taking into account the concepts of uniqueness and immutability. It is not subject to any changes or regeneration from the moment of its first formation, in order to protect the integrity of the contents of information banks of various levels that use the IIN in the data structure.
IIN is indicated on the front side of the identity card of a citizen of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Individuals are identified by government agencies using IIN.
As a result, in order to access public services, individuals must have an IIN, for example for:
- receiving identification documents;
- marriage registration;
- state registration of real estate and cars;
- making payments and transfers;
- paying taxes;
- business registration.
A non-resident must obtain an IIN in order to create a legal entity in Kazakhstan.
The assignment of IIN to foreigners is carried out by the migration police of Kazakhstan from January 1, 2021 through the Non-Commercial Joint Stock Company State Corporation “Government for Citizens”.
The service is now provided electronically, with the corresponding certificate issued as an electronic document in PDF format based on the results of the service.
Documents required for registration of a foreigner’s IIN
1. A copy of the foreigner’s passport, which must be scanned.
If the foreigner’s passport does not contain identification data (last name, first name, patronymic and place of birth) written in Cyrillic, a copy of the certified translation of the passport into Cyrillic must be attached.
We also wanted to dwell a little more on how the IIN is still deciphered:
- The first six digits indicate the date, month, day of your birth;
- The seventh digit is your gender and age of birth:
- Male, born in the 19th century;
- Female, 19th century;
- Male, born in the 20th century;
- Female, 20th century birth;
- Male, 21st century birth;
- Female, born in the 21st century.
- 8-11 digits is the registration number in the organ system;
- 12 check digit/digit.
We would also like to consider in detail the business identification number of a legal entity in Kazakhstan.
In accordance with paragraph 1-1 of Article 1 of the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated January 12, 2007 N 223 “On National Registers of Identification Numbers”.
A business identification number (BIN) is a unique number assigned to a legal organization (branch and representative office), as well as an individual entrepreneur in a joint venture.
There is a special information system “National Register of Business Identification Numbers” designed to record and store information about established and terminated legal entities (branches and representative offices), individual entrepreneurs operating in the form of a joint venture, the formation and storage of information about assigned business identification numbers. rooms.
Business identification number (hereinafter – BIN) – contains 12 digits and consists of five parts:
Without a business identification number of a company, it is impossible to carry out business activities. It is required when applying to any government agency.
There is a special information system “National Register of Business Identification Numbers” designed to record and store information about established and terminated legal entities (branches and representative offices), individual entrepreneurs operating in the form of a joint venture, as well as generating and storing information about assigned business identification numbers.
The 12-digit Business Identification Number (BIN) consists of five parts:
1) the first part – consists of 4 digits and includes the year (last two digits) and month of state (record) registration or re-registration of a legal entity, branches and representative offices or an individual entrepreneur operating in the form of a joint venture (hereinafter – IP (S )), or year (last two digits) and month of registration or re-registration of AIFC bodies, their organizations and AIFC participants as legal entities, branches and representative offices;
2) the second part – consists of 1 digit and means the type of legal entity or IP (S).
Specific values for the type of legal entity or IP(S):
- 4 – for resident legal entities;
- 5 – for non-resident legal entities;
- 6 – for IP(S).
3) the third part – consists of 1 digit and is an additional feature and is defined as follows:
- 0 – head unit of a legal entity or individual entrepreneur(s);
- 1 – branch of a legal entity or individual entrepreneur(s);
- 2 – representative offices of a legal entity or individual entrepreneur(s);
- 3 – a peasant (farm) enterprise operating on the basis of joint entrepreneurship.
4) the fourth part – consists of 5 digits and includes the serial number of registration in the system of a legal entity (branches and representative offices) or IP (S).
The AIFC bodies, their organizations and AIFC participants are assigned a serial number starting from the first digit, starting from the number 90001 to 99999 inclusive.
5) the fifth part – consists of 1 digit, which is determined automatically and is a check digit.
We hope you found this information interesting. If you need legal advice on migration issues, issues of entry into and exit from the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan, then you can contact the KORGAN Law Company at any time in person or by calling the phone number: +7 700 244 61 66.